Deacon means “one who serves.”
Have you ever wondered exactly what the deacons do in our church? The Union Church Presbyterian Deacons are set forth in the scriptures as one of sympathy, witness and service after the example of Jesus Christ. Deacons are to minister to those who are in need, to the friendless, and to any who may be in distress, both within and beyond the community of faith. We participate in the development and administration of various programs and committees within the church and bring the word of God to others. With that being said, below are many of the ministry programs and services we offer our congregation and local communities.
Please keep in mind you can make a request for yourself or make an anonymous request for someone you know in need. Just call the church office or one of the Deacon.
- Prayer requests for yourself, family and friends
- Phone calls and visits when able to homebound or ill
- Food Pantry items can be provided at any time by request
- Monthly community Food Pantry every 2nd Tuesday of the month from 6-7pm for local families in need
- Emergency funding available for needs such as rent, utilities and medical bills as well as gift cards for groceries, necessities, etc.
- A list of local and state resources and programs for assistance
- Provide a meal ministry for those shut in or needing assistance after surgery, welcoming a new baby, etc.
Want to assist the Deacon’s ministry programs? Here are a few ways you can help us.
- Donations of cash or gift cards
- Donations of items for our Food Pantry can be dropped off in the designated collection baskets located in Fellowship Hall. We accept clothing as well!
- Volunteer to help with our MealTrain meal ministry or putting together our Food Pantry boxes
- Pray for our ministry
We look forward to assisting you and your friends and family however we can!
If you feel led to become a part of our Deacon ministry or would like to learn more about what we do please reach out to one of us. We are always searching for new friendly faces to join us.
- Tracy Strobel – Deacon Chair firstname.lastname@example.org 724-719-8671
|Class of 2022||Class of 2023||Class of 2024|
|Alice Belder||Bobbie Giles||Penny Adkins|
|Snikka Davis||Sally Lickovich||Emily Bartchy|
|JoAnn Sanders (secretary)||Michelle Smith||Mike Geiges|
|Sue Shumek (treasurer)||Tracy Strobel (chair)||Nancy McGilvray|